Durability and Fatigue Life Analysis Using MSC Fatigue (PAT318)
This course introduces methods for evaluation and estimation of fatigue life using MSC Fatigue. Various approaches for extending the useful life of a design are discussed. In addition, design optimization based on a uniform life concept, and selection and evaluation of material surface finish and treatments, will also be covered.
- Overview of Durability and Fatigue Life Analysis
- Overview of Fatigue
- MSC Fatigue User Interface
- Stress-Life (S-N) Method
- Strain-Life (E-N) Method
- Vibration Fatigue
- Multiple S-N Mean Stress Curves
- Temperature Corrected Fatigue
- Aerospace Spectrum File Support
- Duty Cycle Analyzer
- Running in Batch Mode
Knowledge of engineering fundamentals, strength of materials, and machine design.