Introduction to SimXpert FE Workspaces (SMX101)
SMX101 is the introductory course for new SimXpert users. Students will master the basic skills required to use SimXpert in typical MCAE applications. A brief introduction to building and running templates is also included. SMX101 emphasizes practical skills development through comprehensive, hands-on laboratory sessions. Students will learn to build analysis models using SimXpert, define material properties, create boundary conditions, apply loads, and submit their job for analysis and postprocess results.
- Take a model through the complete design and analysis cycle
- Learn graphics manipulation, imaging, and viewing techniques
- Import geometry and manipulate it in SimXpert
- Practice using different meshing techniques
- Learn how to verify and check the quality of a finite element model
- Use Parts and Groups to control subsets of your model
- Record a Macro, edit and replay
- Interrogate and Modify your Finite Element Model
A basic knowledge of statics and strength of materials is recommended.