Linear Statics, Normal Modes, and Buckling Analysis using SimXpert (SMX120)
SMX120 is the introductory course for the SimXpert Structures Workspace. Students will master the basic skills required to use SimXpert in typical Structural applications. SMX120 emphasizes practical skills development through comprehensive, hands-on laboratory sessions. Students will learn to build analysis models using SimXpert, define material properties, create boundary conditions, apply loads, and submit their job for analysis and postprocess results.
- Take a model through the complete design and analysis cycle
- Learn to import and edit Nastran input files
- Examine uses of different element types
- Become familiar with the contents of the Nastran output files
- Learn techniques to assess mesh quality
- Overview material types, including composites
- Investigate contact
A basic knowledge of statics and strength of materials is recommended. Although not required, a working knowledge of SimXpert such as that provided in the SMX101 class is recommended. SMX101 – Introduction to SimXpert FE Workspaces.